What to expect in this course
At The Birth Collective, we are aware that much of the focus in antenatal classes is on pregnancy and birth. However, many feel that what comes next, they were not properly prepared for.
We have created this comprehensive course to cover everything you need to know about what to expect from your body and your baby as you transition into the fourth trimester. Understanding the changes that are ahead are key to feeling prepared and in control.
This is even more true during the current coronavirus pandemic. You may be discharged quicker from hospital and receive less face-to-face midwife visits. However we don't want this to impact on the early days at home when you and your baby are establishing breastfeeding.
This course will cover:
- What to expect from your body after birth
- How to look after your wounds and optimise healing
- How to care for your baby in the early days, including nappy changing and safe sleeping
- A full module covering how to breastfeed
- How to identify your baby is breastfeeding well and is getting enough milk
- Troubleshooting and managing breastfeeding challenges at home
- Where/how to access support
- We have included an additional module with a webinar recording about how to get the best support for breastfeeding during the coronavirus pandemic and the risks of coronavirus and breastfeeding